Today’s self focused society is largely removed from the selfless love with which the Father loves us. It becomes increasingly difficult to identify with His love the longer we ingest the subtle poison of the counterfeit being offered in our culture. Even after rebirth, the effects linger and silently interrupt the flow of intimacy we are intended to experience with God. Add to this the many wounds (betrayal, rejection, abuse) that we have received that seem to endorse the Cultural norm, and this epidemic seems inescapable. So, how do we break free, and enter the liberty that only the Fathers love can provide? Here are a few keys to help renew your mind, and allow the healing presence of Holy Spirit to heal the wounds of your heart:
- Begin the process of forgiveness by first receiving the Fathers forgiveness. Understand that He knows everything about you, saw every sin and STILL CHOSE YOU!
- Forgive yourself. This is so important because holding on to guilt produces a shame based relationship with God. You will ultimately never truly know Him, but be stuck in a cycle of trying to become “good enough”. Servanthood will trump your sonship, instead of the security and acceptance of sonship producing a servants heart in you.
- Forgive those who have wronged you. Holding on to the hurt and offense will keep you stuck in yesterday, never able to fully enter your destiny.
- Recognize the value the Father placed upon you, in being willing to give His Son as a ransom for you.
- Ask The Lord to open your eyes to see yourself as He sees you. Spend time allowing the Holy Spirit to affirm your identity by being silent before Him after a time of worship.
Let the comfort of Scripture establish your heart concerning His love for you. Believe the word over your emotions or feelings. Even when your feelings are contrary to the word, resolve in your mind that His word is Truth!
Get connected. We were made for relationship with not only the Father but with each other. Find a local church where you can plug in and experience the support of like minded believers. Community is vital to healing, because simply being around someone who is truly intimate with The Lord will fuel the passion in your heart. It can literally produce an atmosphere of grace in which your hindrances are broken.
This is my prayer for you today “that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:17-19) NKJV